Saturday, October 29, 2011

World Changers

It is stressful raising kids.  You worry about everything you do and everything you don’t do.  My game plan has been to saturate my kids in all things God.  I want them at church events as much as possible.  I am praying that God will make up for my lack.  Last week, they had the time of their life at a big church costume party.  I think it is awesome that our church has leaders who host such great events for our kids. I think it pleases the heart of God for kids to have fun at church! 
On the way to church costume party!

Last night, I took Bon and Bubs to Austin Adamec’s concert.  I was so incredibly blessed.  My kids had an absolute blast.  The music, testimonies and message were very powerful and my kids soaked it in.  They didn’t want to leave and begged to stay afterwards.  To see young adults, like Austin, going after their dreams, with their whole heart is truly inspiring.  It’s a shock when you realize that life and responsibility hedge you in and keep you from trying new things and taking risks.  You don’t have the liberty and freedom to launch out into new things.  Your mortgage and car payments stand in your way. I think it's so vital, while you are young, to go for it!  It makes you a more content adult and prevents a mid-life crisis.

Austin's Biggest Fans!
The concert was incredible but what really touched me was the young people in the crowd.  I saw so many young, beautiful faces, full of life and possibilities.  There is nothing like being around our young people. It gives me hope for my own kids who are blessed to have all these sold-out, radical examples to follow after.  I was always a Christian kid growing up but I never had the level of encouragement and inspiration to change the world and be used by God like this generation does.  We were entertained in youth group with lots of pizza parties.  I give people like Sean Yost so much credit for challenging youth to not settle for less than God’s very best.  He truly loves and believes in this generation of leaders, like no one I have ever known.  He truly has embraced the scripture in 1 Timothy 4:12…Let no one look down on you because you are young….  I love that about Sean.  He has never, in all the years that we have worked together, belittled or disregarded young people but has done the opposite.  He has pushed them forward in their faith, and has been a driving force in their spiritual growth.
THE host with the most!!

As kids, we think about and talk a lot about the question, “What am I going to be when I grow up?”  I say to my kids, be everything you want to be.  Don’t ever limit yourself.  Take risks, explore new things and do it while you are young! Don't be afraid to fail and never let fear stop you from trying! Trust God and follow His lead!  I am one of those parents who think my kids can change the world and will keep encouraging them to do so.  In the meantime, I will continue to immerse my kids deep into Christian environments where they are spurred on by this generation of young leaders, who I feel confident, will truly change the world!!

World Changers!

No comments:

Post a Comment