Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Baby Girl Annie

I don’t know why certain kids just melt your heart.  Annie has always been that way.  She is so different from my other girls.  She is rough and tumble.  She honestly came out that way!  She was my wildest toddler, attempting near death adventures everyday!  I saw a picture on my computer from when she was 2 years old and her little leg was all bandaged up.  Last year, in kindergarten, she received the "Ouch Award" due to the number of band-aids she used throughout the school year. 

My baby girl has had a rough couple of weeks.  First her knee popped out, and then she wacked her finger on a column, playing the Wii.  She also has some new bruises and scrapes but today was the kicker.  Her class has two hermit crabs and she was holding the green one.  Mrs. McDonald, Annie's teacher, doesn't allow the kids to hold them without supervision. All of a sudden, she let out the highest pitch, hysterical scream.  I didn’t have a clue what was going on. She was standing next to Bonnie and I figure Bonnie pinched her or something.  It wasn't Bonnie that pinched her after all. Finally, we realized the hermit crab decided to go back in his shell but with Annie’s finger.  I didn't even see Annie take the creepy thing out of the tank and I certainly wouldn't have let her touch it.  Thank you Jesus, Raelessa and Joey were still in Sunday School and they jumped into action.  I hate critters on a good day but especially when they make my baby scream in pain.  That little bugger, had pinched poor Annie’s finger and wasn’t giving up easy.  Raelessa took charge, and wedged a pencil between it’s claw but that crab wouldn’t give it up. We all started praying and finally it released my little angel’s finger.  It was tramautic for all of us but especially for Annie.  I am so grateful to Raelessa who may have missed her calling.  I am pretty sure she would have been a spectacular nurse.  She was so calm and rushed Annie in the bathroom and bandaged her all up.  I told my kid’s I really wish I had become a nurse.  I had no idea so much doctoring would be required as a parent.  I freak out and have no clue what to do.  Maggie was so sweet and said that I do great and I am really caring….I was thinking, yeah, caring but clueless..

That little crab may still be hanging on Annie’s finger had the Porters not been there to save the day.  Well, maybe Bubba would have handled it.  He kept talking about how we could have had crab cakes for dinner…..oh my!  So thankful we didn’t have to kill Annie’s class pet. That would have been a fun thing to explain to her class!  Never a dull moment when the Wog tribe is around!

No comments:

Post a Comment