Friday, October 21, 2011

Her Legacy Will Live Forever

School Beach Baptisms
A light of so many lives has gone out today.  Sherry Robbins is the kind of person who makes you feel so very loved, accepted and appreciated.  I have known her most of my life and remember all the special times like when she married Bruce, when Warren was born and we celebrated with a baby shower but most recently was when I got involved in BCS when Bonnie began school in K5. What an honor to work with someone of her character and vision.  I remember fighting side by side with her in prayer and in effort to restart the high school.  She wasn’t sure about being the Principal but took the reigns in the interim and made a dream come true for many. 
McCoy Winter Gathering trip at Disney

I remember finding out that she had throat cancer when we were on a trip together at Disney.  I have worked with her for years and have watched her battle so many set backs fighting cancer.  She has been a true hero and has modeled true perseverance and faith like no other person I have ever known.  She has never stopped fighting and never gave up. She even was planning on being back to work on Monday.  I've never seen a person look like she stepped out of a magazine every time I saw her!  Last week, I was joking with her about how good she made a BCS t-shirt look!!  I got sick in the spring and she was asking me how I was doing.  I told her I felt embarrassed to even complain at all with all that she was facing.  With her beautiful, enthusiastic way she told me that she didn’t complain because she didn’t feel bad and showed so much sympathy and compassion for me.  It blessed me so.  Countless times, we have grasped hands when facing something at the school and have cried out to God in prayer to intervene and do a miracle.  She is one of the most kind, hearted, positive, true examples of a Christian and I am proud to have had her as my friend.  My Annie got a bad report when she was about two that she had something called Apraxia and would never talk and may have to rely on sign language or pictures to communicate.  Sherry came to me and said she had a dream about Annie and she was talking just fine and I shouldn't worry.  I so appreciated her encouragement and she was right too! :)
Rain Forest Cafe

1st Day of the new BC High School
If you knew Sherry, no one praised the Lord with a whole heart like her.  I will always think of her in worship standing on the front row at church, shouting out praises to the Lord, and dancing unabandoned. I spent time this morning just thinking about her glorious entrance into heaven and all the loved ones who would be waiting her arrival.  She truly will have no more sorrow, no more pain, she will be whole and healthy with no more doctors, hospitals and chemo.  She will be in God’s presence where she was the happiest, shouting out praises again. She is one of those people who cannot be replaced.  She poured her heart and soul into everything and walked until she walked no more.   We love you and can’t fathom life without you but your legacy will live forever! Shout on, sweet Sherry, shout on! 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to such beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She touched my life in significant way. Her and Liz challenged me to worship freely and openly. Sherry's conviction about daily study of scripture was one of the ones who that caused my early and passion for crack of dawn time with Jesus. She probably never knew that this has helped me to be mom on a mission teaching my family and others to run after Jesus and learn and love his word. I will be shouting a little louder from now on. Just for her.

    ReplyDelete