Friday, September 16, 2011

Dan's "Work" Trip??

Dolphins vs. Patriot
Dan has been gone for four days to Miami this week, on a “Work” Trip.  He calls me with whooping and hollering in the background and I am really questioning how much work is going on. He went to the Monday Night Football game and the next day went Deep Sea Fishing….I guess this is corporate team building or something??  Must be nice!  I am home alone with 5 Kids and a Hound Dog in the words of Eddie “All by myself!”  Then he sends me a picture of the view from Dinner…unbelievable!

View From Dinner

The worst thing that happened is when Bubba decided to blow dry his hair, at the same time Maggie was and blew the circuit!!  None of the upstairs sockets worked or the TV downstairs.  We spent two days blowing our hair dry in the living room! LOL!
View from Hotel Room

Here are the extra things that I have to do while Dan is gone….

Take out recycling and garbage
Take Bubba back in forth to football practice in South Jax at night (while trying to keep Eddie awake)
Make Lunches
Make Breakfast
Drive all the Kids to school
The worst one by far…MAKE MY OWN COFFEE (first day I forgot to put water in the dang pot, duhhhh)

I know you are asking yourself, “And what do you do??”  I know!!  I am very spoiled and miss Dan TERRIBLY.  As bugged as I am about these “Work” trips, I am really happy he gets to have some fun.  Dan and I both rarely do anything for ourselves. I know it’s sad but we are very happy and have started having these secret dates where he brings home take and we hide in our bedroom and eat it while the kids watch a movie.  It’s so fun! (Until Eddie finds us and wants to share our dinner!)

Deep Sea Fishing
I have to say my kids really stepped it up this week.  Dan told them all to help out while he was gone and I was stunned. While I took Bubba to football, Bonnie pre-made all their sandwiches and even labeled all the bags with their names (such a firstborn thing :)  The first morning I freaked out.  I popped my eyes open and the sun was streaming in my room and I panicked.  I ran downstairs and Annie and Maggie had let the dog out, made themselves breakfast, ate and were dressed. Then they finished packing all the lunches. I was stunned and stoked!  I ran upstairs and woke up Bonnie and Bubba and miraculously they were all on time for school and didn’t leave anything at home :)  They are really making extra effort to get along and help me and I am so thankful!  Bubba and I discussed at length whether Dad would even come home.  Bubba said maybe he can take a bus to Miami and just meet Dad at Miami games! LOL  Thankfully, Dan did come home from his “Work” Trip!  Bubba was bummed!! LOL  He was hoping to commute to Miami! :)  I am just trying to figure out how I can go on this kind of "Work" Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment