Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gecko Madness

I am not sure why baby geckos have decided to take up residence in my bathroom.  It’s the craziest thing!  Dan says to leave them in hopes they may eat the mosquitoes that hunt Dan and drive him to madness in the night!  If I wake up and Dan’s not in the bed, I know mosquitoes were having him for a midnight snack!  We caught one baby gecko and kept it in a jar for a few days and the kids took him to show their friends our “pet!”  Then, Bubba took it to the big lizard tank he has in his class and released it but I don’t think he lasted long.  
B & B's Hospital
Last week, I was walking up the stairs in semi-darkness and thought I was picking up one of the girls hairclips and low and behold it was an ALIVE baby gecko that scared the heck out of me (and I probably scared him too as I tossed him across the room.)  Then there is that gecko that lives in my shower.  Several times, I pull back the current to take a tub and the little thing scurries out before I drowned him.  Today, Annie found one and I am really surprised this one is still alive since Ed “helped” pick him up!  Bonnie and Bubba have him in the hospital and asked me to get up in the night to check on him….I honestly considering a quick flush to gecko heaven.  All I really know is that I would love to have a gecko free bathroom for an extended period of time….I am not a fan nor have I switched to his insurance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment