Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ramen Noodles - Part 2


I got a bit of tongue lashing from my Big Sis about Bubba using the oven to make his Ramen Noodles.  She informed me that he should make them in the microwave. Her exact words were, Make them in the microwave in the same bowl ur going to eat them in. No mess or fire hazard... Duh!”  I have never done that before and also thought that was a much safer alternative. Now that Bubba is playing football, he is eating even more and seems hungry all the time. He asked me if he could make himself some noodles two nights ago and I said sure but, (and I quote…) “Put the noodles and the water in a BOWL and microwave it until it boils."  He ran downstairs and I continued with my chores upstairs.  He came back up in a little awhile and looked freaked out and said that something had happened.  I ran downstairs and started smelling a strong burn smell :/  He had used a metal pot and the handle had caught on fire in the microwave and burned the back of the microwave.  I couldn’t believe it.  Now, I am not one to judge because I sure do my fair share of burning food but for heaven’s sake.  My sister said there was no fire hazard….so much for that!  I quickly sent her the picture of the microwave and told her what happened.  She couldn’t believe it.  I was REALLY thankful the whole kitchen hadn't gone up in flames.  I still need to ask Bubba how he got the pot out of the microwave and in a bowl of water in the sink....yikes!
Burned Microwave

The next night, I made the noodles for him and went to finish the laundry. When I came back in, Bubba ran over to me and was giving me this strange, big hug and telling me how much he loves me….even though I appreciated his exaggerated affection, I knew something was up.  I pushed him aside and looked in the kitchen and Bonnie was on the floor wiping up the noodles that he spilled everywhere.  I couldn’t believe it.  At this point, I was wondering if I was being punk’d or something.  I think next week when I hit Walmart, I am going to conveniently “forget” to buy more Ramen Noodles….geez! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment