Wednesday, September 14, 2011

William Smith Rocks Literally



Warning - shameless family plug coming….On my daily attempt to walk KC this morning (we won’t talk about how she did today!), I had my iPod pumping the YouthQuake Live album that was produced by my nephew, William Smith.  He did the whole thing in his bedroom and it totally blows my mind.  He is so talented and did such an amazing job!  I was in tears by the time I got home!

When I was young, my brother got into music and started playing guitar.  Actually I started playing before him.  I think that is honestly when my brother started liking me.  I wasn’t a little punk messing up stuff in his room anymore. We bonded for sure!  I still have dreams of Jimi Hendrix and the Rolling Stones that would pump through the walls, into my bedroom, late at night!  I think that might be when my mom purchased some nice headphones for him.  LOL!  He immersed himself in music and has such an incredible ear.  He could play anything that he listened too.

It’s been an incredible thing to watch how supportive my brother has been to his son, William and his music passion.  My brother built William a sound studio in the garage with everything he needs to produce music!  I love to be with my brother and William when they are playing music and analyzing a recording!  William consults with his Dad and together they have figured out amazing things!  What a special bond and a gift between father and son that rarely happens in our world anymore.  I am so ridiculously proud of William and I know God has great things in store for him.  It’s not just because of his incredible giftings and talents.  I believe it’s because of his precious heart before the Lord.  He serves God and worships with abandonment and is such a wonderful example to my boys!  I can’t even count the times that we have been on the phone and I pray for him for school or the music project he is working on and when I finish, he launches into a prayer for me!  What a powerful intercessor he is as well!!  Oh, how that blesses me!

Today, I am pretty sure I got saved on my walk. LOL!  Worship is an amazing tool of God.  The Bible says to put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness!  I so believe that verse!  I can leave the house totally overwhelmed and hopeless and once I start worshipping it builds my faith and fills me with joy.  The Bible also says, that the joy of the Lord is my strength! Today, I got a touch from God on my walk! My heart is full of hope and joy! I was fist pumping..."There's freedom in the name of Jesus...Freedom from all sin!"  The song, You Hold Me Now, is so moving….”No weeping, no hurt or pain, no suffering, You hold me now, You hold me now!  No darkness, no sick or lame, no hiding, You hold me now, You hold me now!”  Some days you just need God to hold you!  Thank you William for pouring your heart and soul into this album and blessing countless people who listen….(Download off iTunes if you need a lift today!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment