Friday, August 12, 2011

First Day at Beaches Chapel School

Mrs. McDonald and Annie
As much as I was dragging my feet about starting school, it was a pleasant experience taking my babies to BCS!  I reflected what a gift it is to walk into your child’s class and to have a long history and love for their teachers.  I don’t ever want to forget that or take it for granted!  It’s a less stressful, less fearful time for my children.  I love it that Annie and Bonnie's teachers were former students and love the school.  Bubba and Maggie's teachers have been there for the last 20 years and consider it a privilege to educate children!  That is the gift that BCS offers families, the gift of true passion and commitment to education.   It’s a passion not just a job!  It impacts children forever to be in that familiar, loving, Christian caring atmosphere. 
Mrs. Rogers and Maggie

I remember when I attended BCS and classmates who didn’t want to be there, would tell me I would never make it in college because I always attended BCS.  I knew I would be fine.  It was a great feeling of accomplishment when I was on the Dean’s List every semester in college.  I had a private “I TOLD YOU SO” moment when I graduated with honors and was the sole recipient of the Business Scholarship Award for the entire Business School at JU!  It was an award to recognize the person who was most likely to succeed in business.  I know in my heart, had I not gone into the ministry, that I could have been highly successful in the business world.  I attribute all that to two things, being raised in a very happy home with parents who adored each other and who believed and encouraged me.  Secondly, I believe it was from going to BCS.  I had the word of God poured into me and teachers and principals who sowed into my life, loved me and prayed for me.  I learned at an early age that only in God can you find true happiness and true success. 

Mrs. Ashmore and Bubba
I’ve known many people through the years who judged wrongly about the education that is provided at BCS.  They say you need a bigger school experience or a prep school for success.  What I know from personal experience and from observation for the last 35 years is that a loving, Christian environment that creates a protected, self-confident and nurtured individual is the greatest way to achieve success. I take it quite personal when people bash the school I graduated from and the school four of my children attend.  Because of the love and encouragement from teachers to kids who may have been the  “Cast Offs” or “Less Bright” many of them have become, doctors, lawyers, judges and more.  BCS has NEVER hindered anyone educationally but quite the opposite.  People have told me that you shouldn’t shelter your kids that they need to face the real world.  I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  I have no concerns that the “Real World” will find them soon enough and beat them around.  I will postpone that for as long as possible because it will surely come. Time will only tell how my kid’s will turn out but I have great confidence in my God that HE is all they need, not a big school experience or a prep school.


Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Joshua 1:8
Ms. Greene and Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment