Monday, August 15, 2011

James = #1 Wog Blog Fan

Me Holding James as a Baby at Lisa's B-day Party
James dressed up as Dan for our Costume Party
There are certain people in your life that just totally crack you up.  One such individual is James McDonald.  He has been such a supportive Wog Blog fan that he is going to be featured in this one all by himself! :)  He and his beautiful wife Jesse have received a few shout outs but this one is all about James!  This should make his day for sure! 

Youth Group Classics
I met James upon his birth I am pretty sure. I used to babysit James when he was just a baby in the crib with a pacifier.  I would always be terrified that he would wake up. One time he did and I felt all around the edges of his crib desperate to find that pacifier and eventually had to turn on the light, which really hindered him from going quickly back to sleep.  It’s a wonder I had so many kids after those traumatic pacifier experiences! LOL

He grew up and was a reserved kid but it was all just an act. He was just resting up before he unleashed his dynamic entertaining ability. James joined the youth group and we took him on a trip to the Dominican Republic. Yes we thought we would die a few times but overall it was a coming out of sorts for James. (He gets mad at me when I talk about how he had to have an IV in the DR and the fact that I video taped it so I won't go there!) He came alive that trip at least to me.  He stared in the dramas we did and blew me away! 
James as "Jesus" in Dominican Republic

Later on, our church joined the YouthQuake Live cast and that’s when James became a true star! He was so hilarious that I am not sure I will ever forget such memorable characters as Crazy Tony!  He has ever since, been a creative force behind YQL and even had the inspiration for the incredible YouthQuake Live Musical!  He wrote most all the songs and wowed us all!  Pure genius! He also was a Young Life leader and continued to use his creative giftings for God’s work! 

Young Life Ski Trip

YouthQuake Live at BC

There is no doubt that had James pursued a movie career he would have made it big but he chose the greater work, God’s work.  He has been a Youth Pastor for the last few years and last Spring I was privileged to be included in praying for him as he was ordained and set into the ministry.  He is now also the Worship Leader for our new modern service.  He did communion last week and really moved me. I am super proud of him! I love to see old youth group kids, blossom into what God has called them to be!  I know greater things are still ahead for James and I can’t wait to cheer him on!  I am really honored to have him as the #1 Wog Blog fan! 
The Graduate
Ordination for James

1 comment:

  1. This was a great post Edi...loved it!!! James is truly great - Rachael Rushing :)

    ReplyDelete