Monday, August 8, 2011

Grill Master


My birthday dinner (grilled by Dan!)

I think I am the luckiest wife ever!  I married a man who grew up with a Dad who did most of the cooking so he thinks that is normal! (Shhhhh, don’t tell him it’s rare!)  Dan is definitely the best cook in the house.  He says it’s because I don’t focus or pay attention therefore I burn things regularly.  That’s probably the truth! 

We went to the River this weekend and he outdid himself with our meals!!  He grills almost everything!! We had delicious steak for dinner, hamburgers for lunch and perfectly cooked ribs and chicken for dinner, the next night!  I am salivating typing this at how good it was!  My kids love when he wraps the corn in tinfoil with butter inside and grills those too!  The clean up is the best part. No pots at all!  He uses all kinds of “rubs” and at times puts special wood on the coals to flavor the meat.  I am very impressed.  I get no thrill or satisfaction from cooking.  It’s a means to an end for me.  He buys special ingredients and concocts sauces and such!  I am eager to try his new creations!  Years ago, I bought him Webber’s Grill Cookbook and he made me the best birthday meal ever a couple years ago from a recipe he found. I think there would be many more happy wives if husbands would just grill more!  

Dan can feed the masses!

No comments:

Post a Comment