Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Last Day of Summer :(


Celebrating final day of summer with Food Feast!
I am still quite stunned that our much-anticipated summer is over!  We had a good one with our annual mountain trip, a couple river trips, VBS and great camps.  I really could use another week to do all those things I wanted to do.  I started off the summer with a bang, checking off my to do list of cleaning closets, dressers and more.  I slowed to a crawl and still have not sorted my kid’s schoolwork from last year and low and behold, tomorrow afternoon they will be bringing new papers home.  I guess I know what project I will do after they leave for school. I think I have most, if not all of their school supplies. Their four lists have merged in my brain and I can no longer decipher who gets what.  Bonnie tries to be helpful and swipes a bunch of designated supplies from her siblings and bedazzles and writes her name in purple on everything.  Thank the Lord, we finally found acceptable lunchboxes for Maggie and Annie (after going to three stores in the torrential downpour yesterday.) I just couldn’t make them use ones from last year that are held together with the glue gun due to KC’s altercations.  Bubs was the easiest.  I asked if he needed a new lunchbox and he said no he likes his Miami one (that is also glued together and even has some duct tape on the inside.  I guess KC decided to rip the lining to make sure food wasn’t hiding there.)

Lunchbox Central
The scariest part of tomorrow will be when Eddie figures out he isn’t also going to school.  He has been wearing his backpack all day in preparation! We ended the summer exactly how we started with a little fast food binge!  I had my favorite Mocha Frappe from Mc and the kids gorged themselves with Sonic lunch and slushies.  For dinner, we hit Burrito Gallery (hope they are able to recover from the Wog invasion!)I love the slower pace of summertime.  There is no frantic rushing the kids out the door in the morning and nights are not filled with endless homework. Stress level is low.  I know school is mandatory but I sure wish our summers could be longer.  Life has gotten so very hectic and these times with all my babies home are fleeting. I know we have more than the average amount of kids but even friends with two kids are maxed out!  I don’t know what the answer is honestly.  I wish I did.  The best thing I can do is to pray to the Lord that he gives all of us parents the wisdom to balance, strength and the patience to get back to school and into a routine. So long summer. 
 
Burrito Gallery

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED summer time with no school and schedules and the freedom we all felt!
    It always went by too fast, and I always felt sad when school started up again :(

    Hang on tight and enjoy every moment for the years go by just as quickly!

    Still trying to adjust to that :(

    You're a great mom

    Love the blog :)

    Mary Umbreit

    ReplyDelete