Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tea and Talk


I love my girl’s imaginary games.  I didn’t have sisters close to my age and it really blesses me when they play nice together.  The cutest thing they have done in a long time is to set up a talk show they named “Tea and Talk!”  They got out a flowered tablecloth and their tea set and asked me to come for an interview. They were adorable asking me all about raising 5 kids and my marriage.  They were so serious about it and did a great job pretending they knew nothing about me!  All was going well, until KC decided to assault us and to steal a cookie from our tea party.

They also recently played an Indian game. When we went to Cherokee in NC, Maggie got the cutest little Indian baby so they set up a whole Indian camp, baby and all.  Annie was of course the warrior with her Indian spear that she got from Cherokee.  They dressed Bubba in black and he was the horse.  I don’t think I love anything more as a mom than listening to the kids play these games!

They are also very creative in the pool and build crazy forts and play all kinds of games.  Last week, they had a train of rafts with Maggie as the horse driving them all around the pool with Eddie as the caboose.  Dan kind of flips out with the forts they build but I think it’s cute.  Yeah, it looks a little white trash but one day, the pool furniture will stay put and we will be sad that no one is stacking it to make shelter from the coming storm!

I know with how fast they are growing up, that these imaginary games won’t last much longer.  My prayer is that the kids will remain friends and really have Tea and Talk when they get older (that is a great concept for a show, Oprah…)  I think an imaginary world is a wonderful thing and many times I go there myself when my reality is too much! :)  Gotta go…it’s Tea and Talk time with my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment