Saturday, August 27, 2011

Walmart


For many years, Dan has done all the grocery shopping for the family!  Not because he wanted to but because it was just easier.  I have been either pregnant or had infants, so he would go on the way home from work.  He has gotten really proficient at it and I greatly appreciated it because I never liked grocery shopping.

Well, for the first time in 12 years, I have a few hours without any kids since Ed has started school.  With Dan helping coach Bubba’s football team, he is gone most nights so I have taken on the responsibility once again.  Dan has never been a Walmart fan and even though for years I told him he should shop there, he resisted.  Finally, he tried it and was stunned.  He could not believe how much cheaper they were compared to Publix.  Cereal is over $1 a box cheaper.  Dan thinks we save about $50 a week by shopping there. (We should so be getting paid for this free advertising!)

Last week, was the first time, I have done the big grocery shopping trip.  I can’t say I have missed it.  Dan called me and walked me through the experience, reminding me of things to buy and even how to load my basket, LOL!  I actually did pretty good and only forgot a few things.  The weird thing is that I was actually kind of nervous, totally out of sync and pretty overwhelmed.  It’s not my favorite chore and I am secretly hoping Dan will miss it and start up again after football. :)

I can't really say it's "Where shopping is a pleasure"  but it is cheaper!  In the words of my mom, “Where else can you buy shoes, make-up and groceries?”  

No comments:

Post a Comment