Thursday, August 25, 2011

Holy Homework

Bubba's "Hibis"
I don’t know if I am having allergy issues or what, but my head was not prepared to deal with the onslaught of homework today!  It was like a folder explosion happened on my counter.  Papers flying in the air and me who was suppose to help all four Wog kids at the same time.  I was tempted to hide but that wouldn’t have been very motherly of me, would it??  I called out triple spelling words, four different memory verses, tried to learn Latin and tried to remember phonics rules, all at the same time. I was seriously rethinking my stance on cloning.  A couple extra ME’s would have been awesome today.  
Eddie's Handiwork

Eddie pitched in too and used blue crayon inside Maggies’s folder on her homework chart and did some serious black crayoning on her spelling list.  I was trying to look up scriptures for Bonnie’s paper and checking out Bubba’s "Hibis" he created, a horse and a Miami Ibis combined!  (That was kind of the highlight of the afternoon and made me laugh, when mostly I wanted to cry!) Bonnie swooped in and told me she was going to make dinner because at that point, I had retreated to my bed, nursing a headache! I pray to Jesus that He covers my children and gives them the mind of Christ and His supernatural wisdom because I surely fell short today, in giving them what they need.  Wait, did I sign Maggie’s reading log??  Let me go check! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment