Friday, August 5, 2011

Zebra Obsession

College days of skiing

I would love to know why we gravitate to certain things.  I randomly bought a spring ski jacket in college that was Zebra print.  It made me so happy and I have no clue why.  I got an old recliner from my grandmother when I moved in my house after college.  I got it recovered in zebra fabric and it brought so much joy to me!! 
My bedroom wall
My mom and I painted phenomenal zebras across my whole bedroom and I still grieve that when we moved out, they got painted over. When I was the Youth Pastor at my church, students regularly gave me gifts and I can’t even tell you how many zebra themed presents I have received, mugs, pens, pads, shirts, socks, clips and more!  I really could loose complete control and go overboard.  The first time I went to Hobby Lobby, I had to leave in a hurry because I was overwhelmed with their zebra section. They had zebra chairs, frames, trunks, pots and more.  I couldn’t contain myself.  I know you think I may be exaggerating but I am truly obsessed and might have a problem.  When I go shopping all I want to buy is zebra clothing, earrings and such.  Thankfully, it comes and goes in availability through the years but right now it is hot and everywhere!  I know I will be tempted wherever I go!
Yes I wanted to buy this!

I went shopping with Bonnie for a few new clothes because she has sprouted up over the summer and she picked out a zebra shirt. I pretty much wanted to cry I was loving it so much!  Then as if God was smiling down on us, we found a gorgeous dress on the clearance rack and you guessed it, it was zebra too!  I asked her on the way home if she really liked zebra or was she just trying to make me happy (as firstborns are prone to do.)  She said that she loves zebra and that it is very in style so I felt better!!   I may need to join a zebra support group and talk with other compulsive people about why I have such an affection for that animal.  I am secretly hoping to have a zebra rug one day, for real!!
Cutest dress ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment