Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Things We Do For Our Children!


Tonight was kind of hilarious!  Annie had a Science project and had to collect different leaves and preserve them in wax paper.  That sounds easy enough! WRONG!  It kind of became a comedy routine.  We found a few leaves in our yard.  When we went to pick up Bonnie, Annie and Maggie went to the school playground and swiped some sycamore leaves while I waited in the carpool line. They brought back the deadest leaves I have ever seen that were all curled up.  I sent them back to get “less dead” ones!

I only texted Jesse, Annie's teacher, 3 to 5 times sending her pictures of leaves to see if they were acceptable.  (Yes, future teachers of Wog kids may want to withhold your cell number :) I thought I had all we needed.  Dan was going to be the designated ironer because irons and me don’t mix.  I am somewhat of a compulsive T-shirt maker.  I really should have had a T-shirt design business.  I actually have looked at those T-shirt makers online to purchase and dreamed of making themed shirts for every occasion.  When I make all these shirts, Dan always irons the design on them.  I freak out and never iron long enough and it peels or I burn them.  Dan’s the iron man!  I was really wishing I had posted the picture of the leaves on Facebook and ask friends just to drop them off in my mailbox!! (I will try that with Eddie's project!) I’m trying to enjoy the movie Jaws with Bubba  (if you can really enjoy that movie!) and Dan informs me that I am missing a leaf :/  It’s one that looks like a Christmas tree.  I asked Dan where in the heck I am going to find that at this time of year.  Bubba who is spaced out and who I didn’t even think was listening pipes in, “There is one down on Forest Marsh with ropes tied to it.” Really????  So I jump on a bike, and I drive up and down Forest Marsh looking for ropes on a Christmas tree.  I never saw ropes but thank you Jesus I spotted this tremendous looking Christmas tree bigger than my house.  I was really nervous and wondered if I should knock on the door and ask if I can break off a limb.  I decided I would just ride real slow and snatch a piece off.  OF COURSE, right when I was getting ready to do it, a lady walked by.  I broke out in a sweat and then I finally snatched a piece and jammed it in my bag, riding home as fast as I could home before the leaf police got me.  I texted Jesse and told her if I get arrested, I’m calling her to come get me! :)

SOOO, now onto the ironing.  Dan follows directions and it looked really weird and opaque.  We are both college graduates and should be able to figure this out. It was getting embarrassing.  I asked him if I should go Google how to do this but we decided to call mom!  She said we probably had the iron too hot and scorched the wax paper.  We tried it all again with the same results.  I said, “It is what it is!”  What I really was saying is, “There ain’t no way I am stealing any more Christmas trees tonight!!” LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment