Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cow Appreciation Day

Cow Appreciation Day

I have to give some serious props to Chick-fil-A on the eve of Cow Appreciation Day (dress like a cow on July 8 and get a free meal!)  A few years ago, I read Truett Cathy’s book on how he started in the chicken business!  I was so impressed and even though there have been many Sundays we longed for some Chick, I so respect him for being closed on the Lord’s day!!  I have had so many good memories at our Chick-fil-A. 

Looking for the Cow
My favorite (or scariest, I should say) by far is the time when our school was having a Spirit night and Annie got in a fist fight with this little kid in the play area.  He shoved her and clearly messed with the wrong “chick.”  I saw her grab the boy by the shoulders and slammed him into the glass and I will never forget the noise that it made.  It was like a deep sonic boom that reverberated throughout the restaurant.  The place went silent and mouths were all open wondering if someone had died.  Annie went on her merry way while the boy came crying to his mom.  I was embarrassed in front of many school families but Dan was pretty proud because his motto is, if someone pushes you around you have every right to retaliate.  I’m kind of thinking Dan may have bought her ice cream or something!
Ed clinging to Zach

Don't mess with Annie!
I can’t go to Chick without thinking of my nephew Zach who is a dedicated Chick partaker.  Another funny time was when the cow tormented Eddie.  When the cow comes near him, he runs away and hides or psychotically cling to whoever is near!  It’s the best control I have ever had over him.  When he started acting up all we would say, is “Ut-Oh, I see the cow….!”  LOL 
Dan and Bubba? LOL
Another friend of mine, Chandra took Chick dedication to a whole new level and I believe becomes life-long friends with the owners of every Chick she has lived near.  I beg her on a regular basis to move back to Jacksonville and to PLEASE open a Chick near my house so all 5 Wogs can have jobs at such a great place.  I love the flowers on the tables since it’s usually mine and Dan's date night when then the kids are in the play area!  Also, you feel the peace of God with the Christian music playing. Let’s not even start talking about their waffle fries and Chick-fil-A sauce!  #salivating #cowappreciationday 

No comments:

Post a Comment