Friday, July 15, 2011

KC's Tales - The Foreword

KC joined our family a year ago on Monday.  Over the next few days, I am going to share her story.  Last Christmas, the kid’s and I worked on a book, with pictures about how we met her.  It was a group family project and we had a blast!  We made Mac books and gave them to the grandparents and to Dan for Christmas. If they hadn’t been $30 a pop I would have sent one to Oprah because it’s a great love story but since she was on the way out of ruling the world with her talk show, I passed!   I have always thought that KC looks like a dog character because she is so unique.  I envisioned her having a PBS cartoon like Clifford the Big Red Dog!
Bonnie working on illustrations for the book!

We go to the Simpson’s cabin in the mountains every year. (I have gone there since I was six years old with my parents who were best friends with the Simpsons.  That should be a forthcoming blog for sure!)  My kids love it there, even though there is no TV and NO bathroom.  Yes, we use an outhouse!  I think of it as camping!  For years, we go up there and the people that live at the bottom of the mountain have different pets.  They all seem to gravitate to the cabin probably because of all the good food my Mom and Dan pumps out!!  We feed them our scraps and they hang out with us all week.  Sometimes that has been good and sometimes it’s been a real nuisance.  One dog, my kids named Nacho, was the cutest little puppy but after a few days she started nipping our ankles. We would be walking through the woods and she would fly out of the bushes and attack us.  She was playing but it hurt and it was unnerving.  There have been kitties too.  Since I am not a big animal person and would NEVER let the kids have a dog, it was nice for them for the week to play with the animals.

All that changed, last year on our vacation….tune in tomorrow for the first segment of KC’s Tales! 

No comments:

Post a Comment