Saturday, July 30, 2011

Shopping with Eddie

"Have you seen Maw Maw?"

Yesterday was a trip.  My mom and I took Ed for the big momentous occasion of buying his first backpack for school.  Do I have like five he could use, ABSOLUTELY, but it’s nice for once to have a new one that you pick out!  He chose a Cars backpack with an attached lunchbox.  He put it on and wore it proudly through the store while mom and I shopped.  

Ed's proud of the car he suckered the
lady into buying him!
Mom went to try something on in the dressing room and Eddie started yelling, “MAW MAW, WHERE ARE YOU?”  He marches up to the cashier and barges in front of the lady checking out and asks, “Have you seen, Maw Maw?”  The cashier said that she hadn’t.  It was all I could do to keep up with him because he disappears down every aisle.  I was thankful that he had his new backpack on because it made him easier to spot! I have never seen such a self-confident, obnoxious child that chats with everyone he sees TOTALLY uninhibited. We finally got out of the store and he wore that backpack all day!  He was so cute and played “school” all day, “Bye Mommy, I’m going to cool (school)!” I would tell him to have a good day!  It was pure cuteness! 
Going to School!!
The funniest thing that he ever did was one day when we went to the Dollar store to buy yet another matchbox car.  He picked his car and went right up to the cashier and butted in front of the elderly lady and handed it to the cashier.  She scanned it and handed it back to him while I was walking up.  I was totally appalled.  I quickly got a dollar out of my purse and tried to pay the sweet lady.  She said she was happy to buy him a car.  What a little turkey. The cashier thought Eddie was her grandson! LOL!!  And people wonder why I hate shopping!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment