Thursday, July 21, 2011

Parenting Ain't for Sissies - Part 2


The Produce and Guitar Player 

It’s been a few funny days of major band drama.  As a parent, you want your kids to be creative and to express themselves but good heavens sometimes it’s over the top.  The 5 Wogs have created a band called the “Little Peeps.” They have the look of a hip hop band with sideways hats and bling but the songs Bonnie writes are deep, spiritual and somewhat hippy! I have to refrain from cracking up half the time because they are so darn cute and serious about it!!  They spent hours practicing and setting up. They convinced me to get out the Karaoke machine, microphones and they set up the band in my room. 
Where the magic happens LOL

My rule has been since I moved into this house, that no toy and no rough housing allowed in my room.  My last bedroom was the playroom with a play kitchen and everything.  It drove me to madness.  I was trying to fight off the anxiety of their band sprawled out all over my beautiful room.  I couldn’t stand it anymore and kicked them downstairs in my nice living room that I desperately try to keep in one piece.  My favorite items are these two Queen Anne chairs that my mom and I “rescued” out of the dumpster at Dillard’s when it was transferring from Gayfers.  My mom surprised me when I was out of town and upholstered them in leopard skin and they are my prized possessions.  I pray to Jesus that KC doesn’t chomp down on them.  Anyway, back to the band. 


Maggie has been fired a couple times and has broken down in complete hysteria.  I actually had to form a temporary band and accompany her on the piano until they reunited. Then Annie was made the producer instead of the drummer and she shed some tears.  I am the manager and I am suppose to get them “gigs” but I am too busy right now in conflict resolution.  They vote all the time on stuff and are really dedicated.  They finally put on a concert and Eddie and Maggie had a big fistfight in the middle of it because Ed wanted the microphone…..imagine that!!  Bubba said that if I can get them enough paying gigs, they are going to buy Maggie a junior drum set…dear Jesus help me continue to be a “Fun Mom” but do we really need to add to the noise in this house?? #earplugsinthedaytime

No comments:

Post a Comment